[Greyhawkupdates] Through the Gulf Stream

Tim Allen GREYHAWK greyhawk at gmn-usa.com
Sun Jun 5 19:37:34 CDT 2011

25 knots of breeze from astern, following seas, and the current made for a fast passage. I picked a line that I think did pretty well in shooting me on towards Bermuda -- I just need the wind to clock around 20 degrees or so in oder to aim straigth for kitchen shoals. Hand steered all the way -- but had a couple good naps in the morning. The poor AP would never have been able to handle surfing at 12 knots..

Now down to just a single-reefed main for the night. AP seems to do OK. We're still making 6 to 7 knots. Aggressive and Palangi seem to be ahead, Cordelia behind. No one has heard from Beau Blue or Island Girl for a while, so I  assume they are pretty far behind.

Today was very different from yesterday in another respect, in that except for one cargo ship I have not seen another vessell all day. Yesterday I sailed in company with Adhara, Ariana, and Agressive most of the day. Also saw several ships.

----
This e-mail was delivered via satellite phone using GMN's XGate software.
Please be kind and keep your replies short.