[Greyhawkupdates] 40 miles to go

Tim Allen GREYHAWK greyhawk at gmn-usa.com
Tue Jun 21 18:40:17 CDT 2011

We're now just under 40 miles out from the finish line. Nice winds and pleasant sailing all day, but now the winds have gone south, literally and figuratively, down to about 5 knots or less from the SSW. So as the sun sets,  we're flying the 1/2 ounce spinnaker, right now with the pole all the way forward. With any luck hopefully we'll get in before dawn. A big congratulations to Roy and Gail on Cordelia, who have won the class. Aggressive is close on our tail and still has a chance to correct ahead of us. By my calculations, we need to beat them in by something on the order of 3 hours. So we're setting up for a chilly damp night of tending the chute. Hopefully we can keep it off the headstay and out of the water (there are lots and lots of red jelly fish here...).

Tim and Wendy on GREYHAWK

----
This e-mail was delivered via satellite phone using GMN's XGate software.
Please be kind and keep your replies short.