[Greyhawkupdates] (no subject)

Tim Allen GREYHAWK greyhawk at gmn-usa.com
Thu Jun 16 18:38:48 CDT 2011

Well here we are .. aimed for Halifax. Cordelia is headed for Spain. They just can point with the rest of us, and for the most part the rest of Class 3 can't quite point with us on GREYHAWK, although Beau Blue is close. They say we must have mermaids dragging us up to windward. But up ahead in Class 1, I hear that it is Resolute that is the windward boat.  The leeward boats are starting to encounter a foul current that appears to be associated with a cold-core eddy south of the Gulf Stream. We're hoping for the wind to clock and give us a header so that we can tack away, but so far we've had more lifts than headers. We started out in 15 knots of wind, but it has been moderating now in late afternoon/evening. The wind waves are down, but there is a short period swell that is making things a bit lumpy now. All in all it has been a beautiful sunny day and pleasant sailing. Wendy describes the color of the water as aqua-navy. We were taking turns hand-steering most of the afternoon, but now Otto is doing a fine job (thanks to the beefy new bracket).

All the best from GREYHAWK out here in the Atlantic Ocean

----
This e-mail was delivered via satellite phone using GMN's XGate software.
Please be kind and keep your replies short.